Saturday, March 10, 2012

Waxing philosophical?

No pictures tonight; maybe tomorrow. I just wanted to talk about life right now. My mother recently had a health scare; come to find out her cholesterol is over 300, she has a Vitamin D deficiency, and she's pre-diabetic! Holy cow! How does this happen to an almost 93 year old? Everything can be fixed-she'll be taking Lipitor and Oscal with D. I'm glad she's going to be around longer.

A friend's father was taken off his breathing tube the other day. He surprised everyone by breathing on his own! Imagine that. For her sake, I'm glad he'll be around longer.

Another friend's mother is in the hospital with congestive heart failure. She's not doing so well, but we're praying for her.

What's going on? Is it the time of year? Why does God decide that two people's work here may not be done yet, but another may be almost ready to go home to Him? It's puzzling to me, I guess. I don't try to understand His reasons, I just wish my friends didn't have to have the pain of loss.

I'm exhausted; I think I'll go to bed now.

Sleep well, everyone. Say a little prayer for your loved ones.

1 comment:

Carrie P. said...

Ours is not to reason why, I don't know where that saying comes from but it is so true. I have to remind myself that God has my future in His hands. Life is not always good but with His help we can make it through.