Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Nose to the Grindstone

Just a quick post to say I'm still plugging away at Judy's 1st hour a day quilt. All the stress test info came back negative, but the surgeon looked at my xrays and said my neck has not fused yet. So I'm still on light duty at the bus barn for another 6 weeks. That means answering phones and working the 2 way radio from 6:30am to 9am and again from 1:30pm to 4:30pm. I'm ambivalent about this. As much as I hate being in the office, I am scared to get back on the bus and possibly get hurt again.
Nothing quilty this time. I love the fabrics I chose for the 2" squares.
Hope everyone is having a great week.

8 comments:

Melanie said...

Take it easy. There will always be jobs. It's not worth the risk. Glad most of the tests came back ok. Sounds like you need quilting rehab.....
Melanie

Juliann in WA said...

can't wait to see your one hour quilt - I understand the frustration and the ambivelance about your healing process - give it time and take care of yourself.
Juliann

The Calico Cat said...

Take it easy - glad to hear the tests came back negative.

Linda C said...

so you can feel good on the one hand and discouraged by the other..........hang in there, Eileen.

Pam said...

I say if the Doc isn't ready to release you to go back to full time work, doing what you have done, then don't do it!! You will heal and then you can get back to working your regular job.

Shelina said...

Eileen, I hope you take the time to heal. And you can decide whether you are up to bus driving again, when you are ready, at your pace.

Granny said...

Oh, I hope you don't get hurt again! Can you stay in the office job forever?

You know I'll be excited to see your one hour quilt.

Judy L.

Cynthia said...

take care of yourself and soon all will be well again.
Look forward to seeing your hour a day quilt.