Wednesday, October 25, 2006

October's almost gone

There's less than a week left to this month, and I still haven't finished Judy L's August hour a day quilt. I was supposed to get together with my little quilt group last Friday, had everything packed before I went back to the bus barn in the afternoon.
My daughter had a routine doctor's app't, so Mike picked her up in Albany and brought her down. I walked into the waiting room at 4:30 and my cell phone rang. It was her, calling from the examination room, asking where I was. I told her and she said Mike and I were to come back to where she was. We walked down the hall and ran into the doctor who said he was scheduling her for an immediate CT scan. Apparently, her heartbeat was 140 and she's on some meds that can cause blood clots in the lungs, so he wanted to make sure she was alright. So we went over to the radiology department and we had to wait because it was a "wet" read. Everything was negative. By the time we got out of there at 7:30, all I wanted to do was crash at home. Keri's fine, it was some kind of fluke. She's been monitoring her pulse all week and it's been between 80 and 90.
So all my quilting stuff got unpacked and it's still sitting there. There's always this weekend.
I wanted to show you my little quilty group, but Blogger isn't cooperating; so I'll try again another time.


Nancy said...

I'm so glad your daughter's scare turned out to be nothing more than that!

The Calico Cat said...

How scary, good thig she is o.k.

Carolyn said...

I'm glad your daughter is okay...these kids keep us on our toes, don't they? I hope you find time to quilt this weekend!

Tracey said...

Awww shucks, Eileen!!! Maybe next time. I think you are definitely in order for some major r & r real soon. I'm so glad that your dd is okay..but what a scare!!


Linda_J said...

Always something, isn't it? But thank heavens, she is okay and they will come to a conclusion about what is going on soon.

Finn said...

Hi Eileen, good to see you again. That certainly was scary with's a horribly high heartrate!!

For a few years I battled with a resting heart rate of 90...way too fast for being at rest. They finally got the right combo of meds to do the trick.

You may not be done with August's Hour a day, but I haven't even gotten off to a good start..LOL
What you do have done a post or two below here looks terrific!!
Big hugs for all the stuff you missed, Finn

Tazzie said...

I'm so glad your daughter is going to be okay. Gosh our kids can make our hearts flip-flop at times!

cher said...

scary but turned out ok...good to hear-our children can sidetrack us but, that quilting will still be there waiting-good luck with getting to it soon!

Judy said...

What a scare! Glad everything is ok. So .. get back on that Leaf Season quilt and get it done! :)

Judy L.

Susan said...

I'm so glad it turned out to be nothing for your daughter. I know you don't need anything else to worry about or stress over!

I hope you get to quilt this weekend.