Sunday, July 09, 2006

Lazy Day

The quilting day was a lot of fun, but I'm paying for it today. There's a lot of pain so I took a couple of Tylenol and I'm hoping for the best. A very nice lady on one of my longarm lists that had the same surgery as mine told me that she took a picture of her machine with her to the surgeon to get the okay to go back to work. I think I'll do the same.
My 2 friends who are just starting out with quilting are coming along fine. As a matter of fact, one finished her top and pieced her backing yesterday and handed the quilt to me to do. I didn't start with this little group looking for customers, but it's a nice perc.
I brought my QD block to hand piece, and decided that for right now, it's not the project for me. I think I'll dig out some of my applique and work on that.
When Mike gets home, I'll have him put my sewing machine up on the dining room table. I've got the backing for the baby quilt ready to piece and I want to get the binding put together so I can have the quilt ready when the baby is born next month. Since I'm going to start back on the longarm with small projects, it'll be one of the first ones.

No comments: