Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Using my stash

Last summer, I was watching the Quilters News Network, and I sat in complete fascination for 2 hours watching Linda Franz. She wrote "Quilted Diamonds" both 1 and 2. I ordered the book, which comes with a tutorial dvd, and started making the diamonds, using my stash. I figured that would be a good use of it. Of course, life got in the way and I stopped. But now I'm getting the itch again. I also want to make the Smoky Mountain Stars quilt on Bonnie Hunter's website. I love her work.
I have to make a baby quilt for the grandbaby of one of my friends. The nursery is decorated in a Noah's ark theme. I found a panel with really bright animals on it, and I'm going to use 2 fabrics that I've had for a couple of years. Really bright crayon colors. Mike and I were thinking of making baby quilts for sale back then. Yeah right. Anyway, since we don't know the sex of this baby, orange and purple are perfect!
Since I can't go on the longarm until the surgeon gives his okay, I'm going to have Mike pull out some of my fabric. He has to do it because right now I can't lift anything.
Happy 4th of July to anyone who reads this. I'll be by myself for a good part of the day, Keri is working, and Mike has a parade. So I'll be vegging and playing with my stash!!!
Have a great day,
Eileen

No comments: