Saturday, March 17, 2012

AQS Lancaster show


Here are quilts from my two favorite applique artists. Their work is over and above perfect to me. You can click on the pics to make them larger, if you wish.

First is "Tea with Miss D" by Sandra Leichner; http://www.sandraleichner.com/index.html She is my hero when it comes to applique. I'm definitely a groupie.



Second is "Euphoria" by Deborah Kemball, http://deborahkemball.posterous.com/ . She's a British applique artist living in Santiago, Chile. Her quilts are so unique-plus she hand quilted this one! Notice the blue ribbon for Best Hand Workmanship.


I didn't take many photos, the floor was crowded and I just wanted to stand and stare. However, here are a few more quilts from the show.

This is "The Return of the Grackle" by Diane Rusin Doran of Glenelg, MD. I loved the way she did the wings on this bird. So iridescent!



This one is "Monstera" by Betty Busby of Albuquerque, NM. The quilting is fantastic on this quilt!



These next two are from the Spirit of the West exhibit. The first is "Red Rock Canyon" and the second is "Olympic Sunset". All the artists in this exhibit belong to the Association of Pacific West Quilters. Aren't the colors spectacular?




Thanks for visiting. Maybe we'll run into each other at a show soon. My next one is MQX East in Providence, RI.

1 comment:

Carrie P. said...

Fabulous! that first quilt was in another show last year but I can't remember which. thanks for sharing those.