Monday, March 05, 2012

Progress


Here's the center of the quilt I've been working on. It's a commission for an 80th birthday gift. The recipient lives on Hilton Head Island so I made the star in the colors of the water-from shallow to deep, back to shallow. It will be surrounded by signature blocks created by his children and grandchildren.  I feel pretty good about this so far, but I don't want to jinx myself. :-o. Right now, I'm sorting the siggie blocks to see what's going to go where. Wish me luck!

Hope your weekend was as good as mine-went to the first St. Paddy's day parade of the year, and then to an Irish pub for dinner and a concert by a local Irish style band called Shilelagh Law. It was quite loud, and I did feel a bit like a chaperone, but they were very good.

That's it for now, but I wanted to share my progress with you.

4 comments:

Debby Brown said...

Lovely! Can't wait to see how you quilt it!

Lynette said...

What a perfect design for her generation, too - great quilting "playgrounds" with that white! And a fabulous idea with the siggies. She's going to love it.

Carrie P. said...

It is beautiful!

Judy said...

This is so gorgeous! Thanks for sharing this!