Wednesday, March 21, 2012

It's done!

Here's the completed Lone Star quilt. As you can see, the 46 blocks from family member fit around the border with a little help from some spacers in the colors from the star.

I freehanded continuous curves in the center star to give it some movement; I used Ocean Mist thread from Signature throughout the entire quilt. Figured it was appropriate.

Below is the motif I quilted in the corner blocks. The client didn't want a lot of quilting and she didn't want anything to compete with the center star and the border blocks.


I have to say I really enjoyed making this quilt. I normally love applique more than piecing but, for some reason, I felt good about this quilt.

Happy 80th birthday, Jimbo. I hope you enjoy owning this quilt as much as I enjoyed making it.

3 comments:

Debby Brown said...

He'll love it!!!

Bunny said...

Just beautiful, I am sure it will be loved.

Carrie P. said...

Awesome job!